Temperatures

Somebody told me that we expats are to be denied the cold weather allowance on our state pensions. It gets pretty cold in our house in Culebrón in winter I can tell you but it's beginning to warm up nicely now.

I'm a bit of a list writer. I always have been. I've kept a diary for years and a few years ago I took to adding a little note at the foot of the page with the maximum and minimum temperatures and a Today programme like weather summary - sunny and warm, cold and miserable.

In La Unión I have nowhere to put a maximum minimum thermometer so that it stays out of the direct sunlight. Instead I started to use the maximum and minimum records from the state weather service for my diary log. There are weather stations where I work in Cartagena about 15kms from home, Torre Pacheco is 16kms away and San Javier Airport is 22kms away. Pretty close. Good enough to give me a fair indication of the weather in La Unión.

Yesterday it was 25ºC and 16ºC in Cartagena, 23ºC and 12ºC in Torre Pacheco and 24ºC and 14ºC in San Javiér. Quite a variation for such a small area.

In Pinoso it was a pleasant 24ºC by day but a cool 8ºC overnight.

Comments

Popular Posts